A few weeks ago, a new Ransomware-style virus, which has become more cautious in the world of information technology, has now become for Android devices, according to a statement released by the “Sri Lanka Computer Emergency Readiness Team”.
The news is something like this,
Possibilities of Android phones being affected by Ransomware virus. Users warned to be alert – Sri Lanka Computer Emergency Readiness Team – adaderana.lk
I visited the official website of the Sri Lanka Computer Emergency Readiness Team to get some more information on this news. But I was not lucky enough! However, since It did not publish an article, I put a search on the Google. This article will bring you some useful information on some topic such as, what is a ransomware virus, how to get the best ransomware protection.
What does this Ransomware virus do? – The Ransomware that targets Android devices is called DoubleLocker. The DoubleLocker do the same way as in the other Ransomware viruses do. The DoubleLocker encrypts the all the data in your Android device so that you can not read them. And this virus does something that does not do any other Ransomware virus, it changes the PIN number of your Android device. If you need to get back your device PIN and data, you will have to pay the ransom to those who made the virus.
How this is spread over Android devices? – The DoubleLocker that’s currently found enters your Android device with a fake Adobe Flash Player app. The worst news is that this app is provided through the Google Play Store itself.
How do I know that DoubleLocker is entered into my Android device? – Go through File Manger and check your phone’s files (photos, videos, mp3, and other documents). If the file name called “.cryeye” at the end of it, be noted that the data of your device is out of your control.
If DoubleLocker Ransomware is attacked, can I retrieve my data? – Can you pay the ransom? Until now, there is no other option!
Can’t I repair my DoubleLocker damaged Android device? – You can only do this by resetting to its factory defaults. Until now, there is no other option. But all the data and software on your device is deleted.
How do I Get the Best Ransomware Protection for My Android Device?
It’s common that a lots of Android users are asking this question, “How to get the best ransomware protection for my android device?” – You can save and get the best ransomware protection for your Android device by following the simple instructions below.
- Do not download the fake Adobe Flash Player – With the advent of HTML 5.0, Adobe Flash Player completely lost the requirement for Android. So Adobe will no longer release Flash Player for Android. If you’ve got such an app on Google Play store anymore, it can be a fake Ransomware app.
- Backup your files – Keep files on your phone or tablet secure on your personal computer. It will be important if you had to reset your smartphone or tablet.
- Do not download the attachments coming with unknown e-mails.
- After you surf the Internet, be remember to log-out of websites
- Update your Android OS – Google will issue updates to your Android OS whenever necessary. Install those updates on your device too. It may save your Android device from known virusus and other threats.
It’s my pleasure, if you came to know something new about DoubleLocker Ransomware in this article. Write your opinion on this article in the comment section. Do not forget to share this message with your loved ones. It’ll help them to get the best ransomeware protection over their Android devices too!