Learn how to free up disk space on android devices! Reducing of free storage space is normal that when you use an Android smart-phone or a tab over a time. There are a number of reasons to fill up the storage space on Android devices.
These are some of them.
- Installing various apps from the Play Store or from any other app store
- Keeping a lot of unwanted old images
- Accidentally creating duplicate files of pictures, mp3’s and downloads in different folders
- Accidentally or repeatedly downloading of various files over the Internet when web browsing
- Sharing files (songs, photos, etc.) amond phones, tabs or computers
Thanks to above reasons, the storage space of your Android device will get shrink and it causes many problems. Slows down your phone, frequantly crashes the apps, quick drain of battery, overheating the device is some of them. And maybe your MicroSD card will be damaged too.
Removing unnecessary files on your Android device is one step to get rid of such issues in your smartphone or tab. Google has introduced a great app for that. That’s the Files Go app.
How to Free Up Disk Space on Android Devices Using Files Go App?
- You can install the Files Go app via the Google Play Store free of charge.
- When the app is opened for the very first time, it will ask your permision to scan for the apps, downloads folder and photos on your Android device.
- Once granted, Files Go will check your phone for a list of apps, photos and downloads that you are suggested to delete there.
In that list may includes,
- Never used or rarely used apps after installation,
- Unopened files, even after 30 days of downloading,
- Duplicated pictures in different folders of your phone,
In the list, select all files you need to delete.
In android devices, duplicating of mp3 music files is more common than that of pictures however. But Files Go app can’t deal with duplicated music and video files. The Duplicate File Fixer app can be used to examine such duplicated music and video files.
However, the duty of these two apps do not retire by removing unnecessary files. They will regularly check your Android device and alert you to whenever unnecessary apps, photos, videos, mp3 songs, downloads, etc occurs. It will help you to protect your Android device from many problems.
By reading this article, if you learn something important, let your friends to know it by sharing. Please keep a comment on this article and share your experiences with us.