The most popular Linux based operating system in the universe, Ubuntu hits its latest update today with a lot of new features. The new release has named Ubuntu 17.10 – Artful Aardvark.
Changes in Ubuntu 17.10
Let’s have a look some new features of Ubuntu 17.10.
01. The default walpaper: the default walpaper of the release features its mascot’s artwork.
02. GNOME replaces Unity as the default desktop: Ubuntu 17.10 is be using GNOME as the default desktop environment halting its work on Unity 8.
03. Wayland is the default display server:
04. Windows buttons go back to the right: in Ubuntu 17.10, you’ll find the Windows control buttons on the right side by default. If you are still a fan of windows control on the left, you can change it using GNOME Tweak Tool.
05. Default Display Manager – GDM3: Since GNOME will be the default desktop manager, it should not be surprising if more GNOME stuff makes their way to the default Ubuntu installation. GNOME is an ecosystem in its own and it is really difficult to mix things with it.
06. Better support for WiFi Captive Portals
07. Better support for Bluetooth speakers
08. No 32-bit desktop images anymore
09. Linux Kernel 4.13
10. Other Changes
- Network Manager 1.8
- Support for indicator applets
- EXT4 encryption with fscrypt
- 4K/ HiDPI/Multimonitor improvements
- Newer version of most applications
Download Ubuntu 17.10 – Artful Aardvark
Visit Ubuntu download page to get your copy of Ubuntu 17.04.